Mining is a gathering profession in Classic WoW that allows the player to farm for ores by mining nodes. Mining is one of the most profitable professions to have since ores are used by both Blacksmithing and Engineering. In this mining leveling guide, we’ll highlight the best zones to mine and increase your Mining level to 300.
We also recommend checking our WoW Classic Guide for all the professions guides, leveling tips and guides as well as farming guides, class builds and Classic addons.
- Makaru in Orgrimmar.
- Brom Killian in Undercity.
- Johan Focht in Silverpine Forest.
- Brek Stonehoof in Thunder Bluff
- Krunn in Durotar.
- Gelman Stonehand in Stormwind City.
- Geofram Bouldertoe in Ironforge.
- Matt Johnson in Duskwood.
- Kurdram Stonehammer in Darkshore.
- Yarr Hammerstone in Dun Morogh.
- Pikkle in Tanaris.
Mining Leveling Tips
- Don’t forget to buy a Mining Pick from the Mining Supply vendor when you learn Mining. You don’t have to equip it, just hold it in your inventory
- All starter zones have Copper Veins which provide Copper Ore
- Invest in a backpack early on even if it hurts the wallet. Having more inventory space the best thing you can do
- Ore veins are usually found near and on mountains, inside caves and quarries. Don’t look for mines on the plains
Leveling Mining to 300
Use the highlighted line as a farming route. The nodes are usually along the sides of the mountains, if you follow the drawn line, you’ll get a good mining route. Keep in mind there are a lot of caves, you can find mining nodes inside as well.
Levels 1 – 65
Alliance (Elwynn Forest, Darkshore and Dun Morogh)
Horde (Durotar, Mulgore and Tirisfal Glades)
Levels 65 – 125
The Barrens, Westfall, Redridge Mountains
Levels 125 – 175
The ore veins in these zones are Tin Ore, Gold Ore and Iron Ore. Keep in mind that at level 155 you can smelt Gold Ore. You can get to around 175 just by smelting Gold, if you don’t have enough you can buy 30-40 Gold Ore from the AH.
Arathi Highlands, Thousand Needles
Levels 175 – 250
Tanaris, The Hinterlands
Levels 250 – 300
You can mine Felwood and Blasted Lands until 275-280
To raise Mining to 300 you can farm Un’Goro Crater or Burning Steppes. If you want to combine mining with a little bit of gold farming, check our gold making guide and see how you can farm Un’Goro more effectively.