As is the case with other manufacturers, Apple prefers that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple’s services: iTunes, iCloud, FaceTime, iMessage, Game Center and the Mac App Store, and more. You may want to create one for your kids, and instead of mingling with settings forbidding them to purchase apps and games, you could just create an App Store account that does not have your credit card information.
If you are new to iOS and would like to register a free Apple account without using your credit card credentials, here is a brief guide to help you out. Note: if you already have an ID, you will need to sign out first. You can sign out by going to the Settings app -> scroll down to the iTunes & App Store -> tap on your Apple ID -> Sign Out.
How to create Apple ID for free from your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad
- Launch the App Store on your iPhone or iPad.
- Find any free application on the App Store.
- Tap Install App -> Free -> download and proceed with application’s installation. It is important you follow-through with installation of a free app.
- Next, tap “create new Apple ID” in the App Store.
- Choose your country and tap Done.
- Read and tap “Agree” to Terms & Conditions, of course.
- Fill in the following fields carefully: email, security question, password and date of birth. You may want to add a rescue email address if you suspect you may change your email.
- Once you are done filling out the personal details, tap Next.
- The next window is where you see payment options, and if you do not intend to purchase anything, choose “None” in payment options.
- Next, you will be prompted to fill in your home address and phone number. Once you are done, tap Next.
- The next screen will say “Verify Your Account,” so tap Done and head straight to your email to check the verification link from iTunes Store.
- Find the email, click the verification link and voila! Your free Apple ID has just been created.
- Sign in using your username and password. Enjoy! You are entitled to a vast variety off free iOS apps and other perks.
If you have recently purchased a brand new iPhone, iPad or Mac, you are entitled to a free iWork productivity suite.