Every web browser provides you with a way to keep your browsing activities untraceable. This feature is commonly known as Private or incognito browsing. This feature can be activated on all famous browsers very easily. However, if you intend to use this kind of browsing on a daily basis, you should better consider creating a few shortcuts, which will allow you to use Private browsing, once you launch your browser. In this tutorial we are going to show you how to create those shortcuts in Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera.
Create a Shortcut of your Browser on the Desktop
As you can notice the first step is quite simple and it requires you to create a shortcut of your favourite browser on the desktop, so that you can use its private browsing feature right after you launch it.
Once you finished creating the shortcut, proceed to the appropriate steps of each browser. You should though that the shortcut operations between Internet Explorer and the rest of the most popular browsers differ a lot.
Create InPrivate Shortcut of Internet Explorer on Desktop
- Once you have created a shortcut of Internet Explorer on the desktop, right-click or press and hold on it. The contextual menu will appear.
- On the bottom of the menu select the Properties option,
- Go to the Shortcut tab of the Properties window.
- In the end of the Target field type -private.
- Then, click or tap OK to finish the process.
You will now be able to use the InPrivate mode immediately.
Start the Internet Explorer app in the InPrivate mode Directly
Unlikely to its desktop version, the Internet Explorer app does not allow you to create shortcuts on the desktop and edit according to your needs. However, there is a tweak that can help you to use the InPrivate mode directly from the Start screen.
- Open the app from its tile on the Start screen. After this, click or tap the Tab tools button, which right above the address bar.
- In the displaying menu click or tap the New InPrivate tab.
- When the tab opens, you can pin it to your Start screen. Click or tap the Favorites button, in order to do it.
- Next, click or tap the Pin site button.
- Finally, click or tap the Pin to Start button.
Once you do this, the InPrivate mode will be available for use right after you start the app.
NOTE: Be aware that the Internet Explorer app has only InPrivate tab option, compared with the desktop version that has an InPrivate window option.
Create a Private Browsing Shortcut for Firefox
- First of all, create a shortcut of Mozilla Firefox on your desktop. Next, you will need to edit its properties. For this reason, right-click or press and hold on the Mozilla’s shortcut and select the Properties option from the contextual menu that appeared.
- Go to the Shortcut tab of Properties and type -private at the end of the Target field.
- Then, click or tap OK to save the changes.
When you finish the process, you will be able to use the Private Browsing mode of the Firefox right away.
Create a Chrome Incognito Shortcut
- Firstly, you will need to create a shortcut for Google Chrome on the desktop. Then all you have to do is editing its properties.
- To do this, right-click or press and hold on the shortcut and choose the Properties option from the contextual menu.
- Go to the Shortcut tab and type -incognito at the end of the Target field.
- Finish the process by the pressing OK.
You can now browse in Incognito mode, when you launch the Chrome browser.
Create an Opera Private Browsing Shortcut
If you want to use the private browsing feature of your Opera browser, you should first create a shortcut of the browser on the desktop and then edit its properties.
- Right-click or press and hold on Opera’s shortcut and select Properties from the bottom of the contextual menu.
- Next, go to the Shortcut tab and type -private after the quotation mark in the Target field.
- Press OK to apply the changes.
The next time you launch the Opera browser from its new shortcut, you will have direct access to its Private Browsing mode.
If you are planning to use the private browsing mode of you browser frequently, the creation of the shortcuts, which i described above, is a handy solution. Therefore, you should consider creating them, just so you could make your browsing a bit simplier.