Those who are truly loyal to Apple’s iPhone handsets can probably take just a quick look at one of these devices to know the exact model. Still, not everyone is that iPhone-savvy so to speak, and if such is your case there’s a simple solution to find out exactly what iPhone model you’re looking at.
Every iPhone has a Model Identification Number printed on the back, and obviously, each number is associated with only one iPhone model.
The printed text is very small – you might need your reading glasses or even a magnifying glass to decipher it. As soon as you get the number you can find it in the list below, which shows exactly the associated iPhone model.
- A1203 – This is the first iPhone
- A1241 – iPhone 3G
- A1303 – iPhone 3GS
- A1332, A1349 – iPhone 4
- A1387 – iPhone 4s
- A1428/A1429 – iPhone 5
- A1456/A1507/A1526/A1529/A1532 – iPhone 5c
- A1453/A1457/A1528/A1530/A1533 – iPhone 5s
- A1549/A1586/A1589 – iPhone 6
- A1522/A1524/A1593 – iPhone 6 Plus
- A1633/A1688 – iPhone 6s
- A1634/A1687 – iPhone 6s Plus