A simple application that allows you to encrypt any data you have in cloud storageCloud storage is a pretty amazing concept – It allows you to store all of your documents, pictures, and videos on the web so that they don’t end up taking up copious amounts of space on your computer. But there’s always the risk of someone hacking into it and gaining access to all of your personal information.
BoxCryptor is a program that allows you to encrypt all of the data that you keep in cloud storage; that way, even if someone does end up gaining access to your information without your knowing, all they’ll be able to see is a great big jumbled mess. It’s one of the cheapest and simplest ways to ensure that your data remains for your eyes only.
- Works with all major online storage services (DropBox, Google Drive, OneDrive, SugarSync, etc.).
- Creates a virtual drive on your computer to secure your data before sending it off to your online storage solution of choice.
- Protects all of your items individually using strong standards that run both symmetric and asymmetric encryption.
- Relies on two keys (one public and one private).
- Automatically detects which cloud storage you’re using if you have it synced (allows you to enter it manually if you don’t).
- Super easy to configure for even the most novice computer users.
- Supports drag and drop.
Please note that in order for BoxCryptor to function properly on your system, you must also have Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 installed on it.
During the trial, your encrypted directory will only hold up to 5 GB.
BoxCryptor Download Information
Oct 15, 2021
4.3 / 5 (3 votes)
Not yet reviewed