View chromatogram files from automated sequencers, and Staden SCF file formatView chromatogram files from automated sequencers, and Staden SCF file format
Chromas is a software that lets you view chromatogram files of automates sequencers manufactured by Amersham MegaBace and Applied biosystems, as well as Staden SCF files.
With Chromas you can see the chromosome string, lookup a certain sequence and export the translated frames as a CSV file or copy them to clipboard. You can modify or delete any incorrect basecalls you’ve selected with your mouse. If you hold down backspace or delete keys you will quickly delete successive bases, forwards for delete and backwards if you use backspace.
You can move any base in the space between two adjacent bases using click & drag or Ctrl + arrow keys. A colored bar appearing above each base shows the order of magnitude of the probability of error for that base. Chromas displays a list of the peaks below the chromatogram, for genotyping files that have peak-related information.
- Lets you open chromatogram files from DNA sequencers made by Applied Biosystems and Amersham MegaBace
- Support is enabled for SCF format chromatogram files made with ALF, Beckman CEQ 200XL, CEQ 8000, Li-Cor and Visible Genetics OpenGene as well as other sequencers
- Allows you to view Genescan genotype files
- Save files in Applied biosystems or SCF format
- Zoom and fit to one page printing options are available for chromatograms
- Sequences can be exported as plain text, FASTA, formatted with base numbering, GenBank or GCG formats
- You can copy a sequence to the clipboards in plain text or FASTA format and paste it into other programs
- You can export sequences from batches of chromatogram files and remove the vector sequence automatically
- You can search sequences using optimal alignment or exact matching
- Many other features
Limitations in the trial version:
- 60 days trial
- Nag screen
Chromas Download Information
Nov 19, 2018
4.5 / 5 (2 votes)
Not yet reviewed