Renames files and organizes in directoriesExifTool is a free utility that can rename files and sort them in directories using their meta information. This is a command-line application that can read, write and edit meta information of images, video and audio files.
ExifTool has built-in support for lots of types of metadata like EXIF, IPTC, XMP, GPS, JFIF, ICC Profile, GeoTIFF, FlashPix, Photoshop IRB, ID3 and AFCP. It also supports maked notes of several digital cameras from manufacturers like Canon, HP, Casio, FujiFilm, Kodak, JVC/Victor, Minolta, Konica-Minolta, Leaf, Olympus, Nikon, Epson, Leica, Panasonic, Pentax, Asahi, Sanyo, Sony, Sigma and Foveon.
- A wide array of file formats are supported
- Customizable through powerful and flexible settings
- Capable of reading/writing multiple types of metadata like EXIF, GPS, IPTC, XMP, JFIF, MakerNotes, ICC Profile, ID3 and others
- Can read/write maker notes of digital cameras from the most popular manufacturers
- Lets you extract, thumbnail, preview and large JPEG images from RAW files
- Capable of copying meta information between files
- Meta information can be deleted in groups, individually or altogether
- The original image is automatically backed up when writing
- Output is organized into groups
- You can define and add tags