TrueNAS: A Free NAS server that supports FTP, NFS protocols, Software RAIDA Free NAS server that supports FTP, NFS protocols, Software RAID
FreeNAS is a free NAS (Network-Attached Storage) server, supporting: CIFS (samba), FTP, NFS protocols, Software RAID (0,1,5) with a Full WEB configuration interface.
FreeNAS is a NAS server that supports FTP, NFS protocols, Software RAID.
FreeNAS takes less than 16MB once inNAS builder for all hardware platforms
FreeNAS is a powerful, open-source program that allows you to develop network-attached-storage (NAS) on virtually any kind of hardware platform.
This project was born on the premise that network storage is something everyone should be able to have without fees or license limitations. For this reason FreeNAS aims to be the top open-source NAS solution currently available.
- You can use ZSF Snapshots (local backups) to create remote backups
- Complete data integrity is ensured through ZFS
- Encryption option is provided for ZFS volumes on creation
- Filesystem snapshots can be created (on an on-off basis or scheduled)
- File sharing capabilities are offered for all the popular operating systems like Windows file shares (SMB/CIFS), Apple file shares (AFP) and Unix file shares (NFS) but also other methods such as FTP and SCSI
- Any FreeNAS system can be completely controlled via a Web UI
- Plugin support enables users to customize their NAS appliance with third-party applications for extra functionality
stalled on Compact Flash, hard drive or USB key.
Jul 27, 2023
5.0 / 5 (1 votes)
Not yet reviewed