An open-source, GPL-licensed, multithreadedHandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows.
Handbrake is a free and open-source multithreaded video transcoder that comes with full support for a wide variety of sources and a large number of formats to save the output.
Handbrake supports many sources, including DVD-like ones such as VIDEO_TS folder, DVD image or real DVD, PAL or NTSC, AC-3 and LPCM or MPEG audio tracks.
The program also comprises various useful features such as chapter selection, basic support for subtitles, built-in bitrate calculator, picture deinterlacing/cropping/scaling and grayscale encoding.
(L)GPL libraries from Linux contained within Handbrake:
- liba52 (AC3 decoding)
- libavcodec (picture cropping, scaling and deinterlacing, MPEG-4 encoding)
- libdvdcss (CSS decryption)
- libdvdread (DVD navigation)
- libfaac (AAC encoding)
- libmp3lame (MP3 encoding)
- libmp4v2 (MP4 muxing)
- libmpeg2 (MPEG-2 decoding)
- libogg (OGM muxing)
- libsamplerate (audio resampling)
- libvorbis (Vorbis encoding)
- libx264 (H264 encoding)
- libxvidcore (MPEG-4 encoding)
HandBrake Download Information
Jan 11, 2022
4.2 / 5 (5 votes)
Not yet reviewed