Opera One: One of the best internet browsers on the market
Opera One is a completely reimagined browser aimed to replace the popular Opera browser for Windows, MacOS, and Linux platforms. Engineered on the principle of Modular Design, this new browser profoundly changes your engagement with the digital world, offering a seamless and intuitive navigation journey.
Opera One is the pioneering Chromium-based browser incorporating a multithreaded compositor, adding an improved and remade interface. Moreover, introducing a novel feature called 'Tab Islands' revolutionizes how users interact with and handle multiple tabs, delivering an even more user-friendly browsing experience.
The browser embraces AI Prompts and includes ChatGPT and ChatSonic within the browser sidebar, setting the stage for a more advanced and immersive user experience.
Tab Islands, a standout feature in the new browser, are easily identifiable by their different color coding and defined boundaries. Whenever a new tab is opened, the ingenious Tab Islands functionality automatically categorizes it alongside other tabs sharing a similar context, thereby enhancing organizational efficiency.
Moreover, users seeking to create a Tab Island for currently active websites can accomplish this easily by utilizing the CTRL or Command button, depending on your operating system. This refined approach to tab management represents a new era of user-friendly browsing.
Opera One is a powerful browser market contender, aiming to compete directly with Chrome and Firefox.
- Opera One’s interface can be changed according to your personal preferences. Feel free to add, remove
and reposition buttons and toolbars, give Opera One a stylish look by choosing from a large collection of
community-developed skins and setups or transform the layout completely and create your very own browser.
- The bookmarks bar keeps frequently visited sites and bookmark folders handy, enabling you to access them instantly. Save precious time with useful tools to define browser actions, such as customizable keyboard shortcuts, mouse gestures, and more.
- Opera One takes tabbed browsing to the next level with mouse-over preview enabled, islands, tab stacking, and the Closed Tabs button that allows you to open accidentally closed tabs.
- You can prevent your tabs from accidentally closing by pinning them, and if you use the same tabs
frequently you can save sets of tabs as “sessions” and open them anytime you want.
- Get around quickly from one tab to another with the visual tabs feature that display a small thumbnail for each website besides the page title and icon.
- Opera One starts downloading the moment you click a file to save it, and you can monitor the progress of downloads and pause or resume them from the Downloads tab.
- You can follow your favorite RSS feeds straight in the browser by subscribing to them via Opera Mail.
- The built-in spell checker will show misspelled words anytime you enter text on a webpage.
- If you are bothered or distracted by any element from a webpage, such as image pop-ups or plug-ins, you can disable the “Block Content” option with a simple click.
- Extend your browser’s functionality with Opera Widgets, small applications that deliver useful features such as showing the weather, easy information search, entertainment, games, and much more.
- Download torrents straight from the browser with Opera’s built-in support for BitTorrent. Additionally, you can monitor your torrent downloads from the Opera downloads panel.
- Opera’s address field can also be used as a search bar which you can customize to use the search engine you prefer. Thanks to the built-in Google search predictions, Wikipedia, Bing, and Yandex suggestions, search suggestions are enabled.
- The “Find in page” feature lets you easily find what you need inside web pages with highlighted results for optimal visibility.
- Opera fully supports HTML5 thanks to the Opera Presto rendering engine, which enables websites to use the latest web standards, web apps, multiplayer games, and CSS3 functions.
- The integrated Vega graphics library powers up fast and smooth graphics rendering from simple tab switching to webpage animations.
Security and Privacy
- Opera One is always up-to-date with the latest exploits, viruses and phishing scams, performing real-time checks of data from websites you visit and warning you when a site is identified as dangerous.
- Private browsing can be enabled by using a private tab that will delete your browsing history as soon as you close it.
- The address field will hide the complexity of long addresses to show you clearly which site you are visiting. Also, the encryption quality used by the website is displayed as a colored badge.
- You can control which website cookies your browser will store and define multiple set-ups for different servers.
- Opera offers you the means to keep it up-to-date through automatic updates or update notifications for the latest versions of the browser but also for extensions and Opera Unite apps.
Opera One Download Details
Sep 17, 2023
4.0 / 5 (462 votes)
Not yet reviewed