PDF-XChange Printer Standard 9.1.356.0
A handy PDF converter.A handy PDF converter.
PDF-XChange Standard is a solution for the creation of Adobe compatible PDF files from virtually any Windows software such as MS Word, AutoCAD,Excel, MS Publisher etc, the list is endless .
PDF-XChange acts as a printer, but instead of the output going to paper in the conventional manner - it is captured and re-directed to create a fully compatible, Text Searchable, Adobe PDF File (subject to the source material being readable - image files remain non text-searchable).
You also receive MS Office integration allowing extra functionality such as clickable Table of Contents (TOC) and embedded URL support (i.e. 'Click Here' style links) + Office to PDF - a batch converter allowing the conversion of Multiple files to PDF that are MS Office Supported formats such as .doc, .xls, .rtf, .html, .txt etc.
PDF-XChange Standard features :
- Tool Tips Supported - however your mouse over any function or property for a few seconds and a Tool Tip will appear explaining in brief what the purpose of that function or property is wherever possible.
- Paper Properties: Wide range of standard Paper Sizes Supported, Set Resolution from 50 to 2400 DPI (Windows OS dependant), Scaling, allows you reduce or enlarge output to better fit the desired page size, set up to 16 pages per sheet on conversion so that many pages from your original file can fit on to a single page within you final PDF file. Print pages in reverse order from the original file.
- Custom Paper Sizes - Create and save your own custom paper sizes for future use.
- Advanced or Simple Interface mode - depending on users preference
- Advanced mode gives you complete control over file creation - Simple Mode allows you to set a couple of simple options & if you wish PDF-XChange will generate the best file in terms of compression etc on your behalf.
- Broad range of compression and optimization settings and standards available - for both images and Text
- Convert coloured Images to Gray scale or Mono - to enhance compression and reduce file size
- Reduce Image DPI (Dots Per Inch) to reduce file size - particularly useful for distributing files across the internet - though it should be noted that sometimes (particularly for image rich content) increasing the DPI will actually reduce the file size!
- Fonts - Choose to embed or not the fonts used, embedding fonts increases file size, but ensures viewing consistency. You can also 'force' the embedding of protected fonts - but you must ensure you are licensed to do so.
- Now fully supports Chinese, Japanese and Korean fonts and characters - improved since Version 2.5
- Watermarks - You can add watermarks, both text and graphic's based to your pages, any number off and also set the pages within you file on which to print those watermarks.
- Overlay allows you to utilise a PDF page as a watermark to overlay (in the background or foreground) this is useful when you wish to use standard company stationery or forms as background to your newly generated documents.
- Security - choose whether to allow users to view, print, extract or add content to your files and password protect access to the functions allowed. Also allows you to use a Digital Signature on your PDF documents and to use the new Acrobat Reader 7 Page Markup/Commenting feature.
- Links - supports the use of literal URL and email links within your PDF files - so long as the original source (pre-conversion) text was in the form of http://... or email@...
- Bookmarks - new in version 3 is the ability to automatically generate bookmarks to allow you to 'chapterize' your files - supports any number of levels and when converting output from within any Windows software - not simply MS Word.
- Set Save options - where to save files, how to name files, use Macro's for file naming or whether to use our new 'PDF-Saver' job management utility to save jobs to a temporary file and then batch convert them subsequently allowing you to process files more quickly and then alter the sequence and creation flow at your convenience.
- Email - You can now send out your file after creation via your default MAPI software or choose to setup a simple SMTP server (more than 1 allowed) and send you email out using this method with the PDF generated file attached with a message. PDF-XChange also includes a means to enclose your PDF in an industry standard ZIP file to attached to the email.
PDF-XChange Printer Standard Download Information
Jul 22, 2021
4.7 / 5 (6 votes)
Not yet reviewed