Voice chat clientTeamSpeak is a Voice over IP application that enables voice chatting over the Internet and supports large conference groups by joining chat channels found on TeamSpeak proprietary servers.
TeamSpeak provides a feature-rich interface that allows its users to customize and fine-tune their voice communication needs in many aspects.
- TeamSpeak offers optimized voice quality and latency, featuring the latest codecs, automatic adjustment for microphone, noise reduction ,echo cancelation and low latency.
- TeamSpeak was developed to support the newest and latest hardware providing full support for Logitech G-keys, multiple server connection, multiple audio devices and outputs over simultaneously connected servers and more.
- TeamSpeak supports 3D sound, allowing sound effects and audio streams to be spatially placed.
- The permissions system contains advanced options for creating, defining and applying group permissions, offering server administrators superior control capabilities for managing and developing social networks.
- TeamSpeak provides reliable security and privacy through the new authentication system based on creation of unique identities (stored and tracked by every TeamSpeak server you connect to), which eliminates the need to register a username and password and allows administrators to define a set of permissions as your identity to be automatically recalled by the server every time you connect.
- The user list is divided into friends and foes, remembering their identities regardless of whether they change their display, nickname and the server you are connected to.
- TeamSpeak supports granting permissions for users to upload or download files into a channel specific or common folder tree, stored on the TeamSpeak server.
- The TeamSpeak licensing system tracks automatically all of your licensed servers.
- TeamSpeak’s user interface can be fully customized using stylesheets, and even allows advanced users to write modifications or add-ons.
- The default sounds used in TeamSpeak can be replaced with custom sound packs.
- TeamSpeak’s functionality can be extended via plugins.
- The TeamSpeak server is using the ServerQuery system (formerly TCP Query), which allows the development of advanced scripting and automation tools and supports hundred of virtual server instances per master binary.