Tux Paint: Drawing program for young childrenTux Paint is a drawing application designed specifically for young children as it allows them to draw in an easy and fun way. The children will be guided into learning how to use the program by encouraging cartoon mascot that will accompany them all the way through their learning process, the friendly user interface and fun sound effects.
Tux Paint offers a wide array of drawing tools to allow children express their creativity. “Stamps” can also be downloaded and installed in order to use them as sticker-books.
- Works on multiple platforms: Intel and PPC-based Macs, Windows 95 through Vista, Linux and other operating systems.
- Fixed-size drawing canvas.
- Minimum screen resolution 640x480; default screen resolution 800x600; also runs in larger sizes – portrait and landscape mode.
- Images are saved and loaded using thumbnails.
- Sound effects play every time tools are selected and used.
- Tux, a cartoon version of the Linux penguin is displayed at the bottom to provide hints, tips and useful information.
- A large collection of drawing tools is offered, such as brushes, animated brushes, color palletes, rubber stamps, photographic and cartoon stamps, line tool, shape tool, text tool, fill tool, grass, bricks, sparkles, smudge,
- Various effects are included, like lighten/darken, chalk, blocks, negative, tint, drip, cartoon, tint and others.
- All stamps can be resized, mirrored and flipped.
- Stamps can also have sound samples and descriptive text.
- Other essential editing tools are included, such as eraser, undo (with multiple levels), redo, mirror and flip.
Tux Paint Download Details
May 24, 2023
1.4 / 5 (16 votes)
Not yet reviewed