Virtual Audio Cable4.60
Virtual Audio Cable: Connect audio applications altogetherConnect audio applications altogether
With Virtual Audio Cable, you have the ability to connect numerous audio applications together in real time.
Virtual Audio Cable is a Windows multimedia driver that allows you to transfer audio streams from one of your applications to another. It makes a pair of Wave In/ Out devices for each of the cables. This allows any application the ability to send audio stream to Out device, and another application to receive the stream from In device. All transfers digitally performed without any loss of sound quality.
VAC is a "wave-version" of the "MIDI loopback cable" that is found with Hubi's Loopback or MultiMid drivers.
All of the streams will be mixed together if more than one app is sending audio to the VAC. All targets will share the audio if more than one app is receiving the audio from VAC.
VAC is helpful in recording app’s audio output in real time (Examples – Reality, Generator or different software synth), transfer sound streams to another app for processing. An example is that you can use 2 or even more software audio generators/synthesizers/sequencors to create audio streams sending to VAC Out and record the mixed stream from VAC In via any recording software including WaveLab, Cool Edit, Windows Sound Recorder, Sound Forge, Gold Wave, Cakewalk, and Cubase, to name a few.
You can even use VAC to "steal" an output sound stream from an app that does not allow you to write it directly to a WAV file.
- Up to 264 virtual cable devices are supported.
- 1-20 milliseconds for each interrupt or event.
- Supports between 1 and 100 pin instances.
- Practically no sound latency, even with maximal interrupt/event frequency.
- Capable of converting PCM sound formats (sample rate, number of channels and bits per sample).
- No limitations for the number of connected clients per port.
- Volume control options are included such as boost and attenuation.
- Includes a Control Panel application that allows you to perform cable configuration and monitor their status.
- Transfers are supported between recording and playback devices via the Audio Repeater application.
- Runs on Windows XP, 2003, Vista, 7 and 8.
- Any hardware configuration enough for supported operating system.
- The trial version is limited on features.
Oct 15, 2018
3.4 / 5 (13 votes)
Not yet reviewed