avast Linux Home Edition 1.3.0
An antivirus solution for the increasingly popular Linux platform.avast Linux Home Edition is a free antivirus application for Linux platforms, providing all the essential tools and technologies to keep your system protected against multiple types of digital threats.
- The antivirus kernel detects almost all the threats preventing your computer from dangerous infections.
- avast Linux Home Edition operates at outstanding performance thanks to the advanced technologies its using.
- ICSA certification.
- User-friendly, intuitive interface.
- Doesn’t rely on installed graphic libraries.
- You can test entire disks or individual folders.
- Customizable antivirus tests.
- Built-in command-line scanner with STDIN/STDOUT via shell scripts.
- Option to fully automate the update process. Virus database updates are deployed at least 3 times a week and even more frequently during virus outbreaks.
- Common tasks can be implemented via shell scripts.
- avast Linux Home Edition is using the same antivirus kernel as the Windows editions.
- ICSA certified antivirus kernel with excellent detection rates and high performance.
- The avast! engine for Linux is capable of scanning inside an impressive number of archives including ARJ, ZIP, MIME (+ all associated formats), DBX (Outlook Express archives), RAR, TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ZOO, ARC, LHA/LHX, TNEF (winmail.dat), CPIO, RPM, ISO, and SIS but also executable packers like PKLite, UPX, Diet, ASPack, FSG, MEG and others.
- On-demand scanning can be started from the Simple User Interface as well as view and work with the results and modify scan settings.
- Command-line scanner for advanced users allows on-demand scanning for specific directories found in local and remote volumes. It also supports volumes mounted over a network.
- Suspicious files are stored in the chest directory. You can decide to delete them, submit them to the avast! Virus lab for analysis or work with them at any time.
- The UI depends on GTK+ 2.x libraries. If they are not installed on your system, the program will use the libraries from the installation package.
- Works on any Linux distribution (x86 only) with GLIBC 2.1 or newer and pthreads libraries installed.
- 486 CPU or higher.
- 32 MB of RAM or more.
Note: avast Linux Home Edition is free only for home, non-commercial use.
avast Linux Home Edition Download Information
Nov 19, 2012
2.6 / 5 (7 votes)
Not yet reviewed