A simple application that allows you to edit the description of any file.A simple application that allows you to edit the description of any file.
dmFileNote is a lightweight and easy-to-use application that allows you to edit the description of any file in your computer, no matter its type.
Just select the desired file and assign it any description you want. The application also adds a new item to the context menu, allowing you to easily access its features.
dmFileNote features :
- Stores descriptions for any file you wish, without affecting the file contents.
- Descriptions stay with files, even after copying / moving / renaming (NTFS required).
- Easy-to-use interface with a simple textbox for entering and modifying descriptions.
- Extremely low footprint - does not require much memory or storage space.
- Allows file descriptions up to 32 KB. (over 30,000 characters) in size per file. Plenty of space for your notes, keywords, documentation, etc.
- Automatic "00_index.txt" index file creation and maintenance. These index files can be used by FTP clients and file cataloging software.
- Triple-redundancy method for file descriptions, providing a failsafe against them becoming lost. Integration with the Windows Explorer file manager shell. Instant context menu access to dmFileNote.
- Microsoft Visual BASIC 6 runtime components
- Intel Pentium II 400 MHz
- CPU (or AMD K6-2 400 MHz. CPU)
- 128 MB RAM
- 2 GB storage space
- NTFS-formatted storage media for better preservation of file descriptions
dmFileNote Download Information
Jul 29, 2019
4.9 / 5 (7 votes)
Not yet reviewed