If you want to gain remote access to another PC or device, you should use the TeamViewer Touch app. This helpful application works with devices, which can be found on the network, or with devices that have IP addresses, accesible from the Internet. You can download the TeamViewer from the Windows Store for free. In this tutorial we will show you how you can use the app properly.
Install the TeamViewer Touch app in Windows 8.1
Unfortunately, the TeamViewer Touch will not be available in your operating system by default. Therefore, you will have to install it manually from the Windows Store.
- To do this, you should first log on your Microsoft account and then open the Windows Store.
- Once you do it, type teamviewer in the Store’s search box. When the list of the search results shows up, click on the application.
- After this, click or tap Install and the process will begin.
If you wish to find out more about the installation of an app in Windows 8.1, you could read this article.
Launch the TeamViewer Touch app in Windows 8.1
In case TeamViewer does not have a tile, available on the Start screen, the easiest way to find the app is by searching for it.
- Type teamviewer in the search box, found on your Start screen and then click on the apprpriate search result.
An alternative way to start the application is from the Apps view.
- On your Start screen slide upwards, so that you access the Apps view. In case you use a mouse, place your cursor on the bottom left corner of the Start screen, right beneath the last tile of the first column. Then click on the down arrow and the list of apps will appear.
- Press the TeamViewer shortcut, found in the Productivity category.
If this is the first time that you start the app, you should know that you can connect to a particular computer or other device, install the desktop version of the application or log in your TeamViewer account.
Requirements for TeamViewer Touch app
As we mentioned above you connect your PC with another device remotely. These devices can either run the TeamViewer Touch or its desktop edition. You can connect with them, even if they do not have the app installed on their Windows.
There are two methods that you can follow, in order to remote connect to a device, which runs the TeamViewer app. First of all, you can do it by using a TeamViewer account. You can also establish a connection by using a Partner ID.
NOTE: If you want to connect with a device, while running the TeamViewer Touch app, you should target that device to your TeaViewer account, because the TeamViewer Touch cannot create a partner ID.
Use a Partner ID to Connect to a Device
The partner ID is a nine-digit code of a device or computer. This code allows the user, who knows it, to connect to its PC or device. Be aware that the partner ID is generated, when you install the TeamViewer desktop application.
The use of the partner ID is helpful, when you do not need to remote connect to the target device constantly. For example, it can be useful, when you want to troubleshoot a problem on your friend’s PC without creating a TeamViewer account.
- To remote connect to a device with a partner ID, you should first launch the TeamViewer desktop application on the target PC or device. Then write the ID and the password in the corresponding fields.
- Then, start the TeamViewer Touch app and write the partner ID in the blank field, found on the upper left corner of the screen.
- Press the Remote Control button.
- Once you do it, you will be asked to enter the password in the corresponding field. Type it and then press OK.
Now the connection is established. You will be able to control the target PC or device remotely by using the TeamViewer.
Use a TeamViewer Account to Connect to a Device
This method is very helpful, in case you prefer to have access to many PCs or devices frequently. The TeamViewer account allows you to add multiple computer or other devices. Then you can connect with them wherever or whenever you want.
You can create a TeamViewer account by clicking on the Sign Up link, which is available on the TeamViewer desktop app interface.
- If you want to establish a connection with a remote PC by using your TeamViewer account, start the desktop application on the target PC or device and enter the e-mail address, associated with your account, and the password in the corresponding fields, shown on the left side of the screen.
- Click or tap the Sign in button.
When you are signed in, you will be able to view all of the devices that you can access with your TeamViewer account.
Use the Contextual Options of the TeamViewer Touch app in Windows 8.1
If you are planning to work with the TeamViewer Touch app on tablet without using a keyboard or a docking station, you should consider using the on-screen keyboard, when you are remotely connected to a device.
- If you want to use it, click or tap on the TeamViewer’s remote device indicator, found on the top of your screen, or swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen and then press the Keyboard button.
The available options of the app give you the chance to close a remote connection by pressing the Disconnect button, lock the remote PC, switch users, log off, change the password and start the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del button.
If you connect to a Windows 8 or 8.1 device you will be able to view a few additional options. For instance, you could go to the Start screen by using the Start button, open the Apps Switcher by pressing the Switch button, open the contextual menu of the app, which is active on the device, by using the Apps Commands button, bring up the Charms bar by clicking on the Charm button and snap the app that is currently open on the side of your screen by pressing the Snap button.
The remote connection between devices becomes very simple, when you use the TeamViewer Touch app. If you are searching for a free program that can provide you with a simple yet efficient remote control to a PC or device, this app is definetely a very good solution.