Avira Antivir Virus Definition File UpdateNovember 10, 2023
Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update: Latest Avira virus definitions
Keep your PC safe by downloading the Virus Definition File for your copy of Avira AntiVirus Pro, Avira Internet Security and the Avira Free Security. If you are a home user, Avira Free Security is a perfect solution for protecting your PC for free.
Avira Antivirus performs PC scans for malicious programs (viruses, Trojans, worms, backdoor programs, hoaxes, dialers etc.), at a fast speed, regularly. It also keeps track of actions executed by users or the operating system and takes measures (repair, delete, block, rename and quarantine) when a threat is detected. It is also able to detect boot-sector viruses, alerting you in case of boot sectors suspicious formats.
You can configure your product to download updates when available automatically, so your PC will always be protected.
If you want to manually update your Avira security applications on a computer without internet access, please go through the following steps:
- download the latest virus definition file (IVDF) on a PC connected to the internet.
- copy the downloaded virus definition files on a USB stick, CD-ROM or another portable media storage device (it is not necessary to extract the ZIP file).
- insert the media storage into the PC without internet access.
- start Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium and go to the “Update” menu and select “Manual Update”
- choose the virus definition file you just downloaded from your media storage and click “Open”.
Your copy of Avira is now up to date.
Nov 10, 2023
4.0 / 5 (2468 votes)
Not yet reviewed