Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update October 3, 2022
Latest Avira virus definitionsKeep your PC safe by downloading the Virus Definition File for your copy of Avira AntiVir. If you are a home-user, Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic is a perfect solution for protecting your PC for free.
Avira Personal Edition Classic performs PC scans for malicious programs (viruses, Trojans, worms, backdoor programs, hoaxes, dialers etc.), at a fast speed, on a regular basis. It also keeps track of actions executed by users or the operating system and takes measures (repair, delete, block, rename and quarantine) when a threat is detected. It is also able to detect boot-sector viruses, alerting you in case of boot sectors suspicious formats.
You can configure your product to automatically download updates when available, so your PC will always be protected.
If you want to manually update Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium on a computer without internet access please go through the following steps:
- download the latest virus definition file (IVDF) on a PC connected to the internet.
- copy the downloaded virus definition files on a USB stick, CD-ROM or another portable media storage device (it is not necessary to extract the ZIP file).
- insert the media storage into the PC without internet access.
- start Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium and go to the “Update” menu and select “Manual Update”
- choose the virus definition file you just downloaded from your media storage and click “Open”.
Your copy of Avira AntiVir Personal Edition Classic/Premium is now up to date.
Avira Antivir Virus Definition File Update Download Information
Oct 03, 2022
4.0 / 5 (2466 votes)
Not yet reviewed