Blender: 3D modeling, animation, renderingBlender is a free and open-source 3D computer graphics application with 3D modeling, animation and rendering capabilities and a built-in game engine. With Blender you can create pretty much any kind of 3D art suitable for various purposes such as animated films, visual effects, interactive 3D applications, video games and others.
Blender key features:
- Highly customizable interface that enables you to fully configure the layout.
- Interface consistency across all platforms.
- Large collection of 3D object types such as polygon meshes, vector fonts, NURBS surfaces, Bezier and B-Spline curves…etc.
- Animation capabilities such as armature deformation, non-linear animation mixer, vertex key framing, character animation pose editor and sound synchronization support.
- Python scripting access for custom modeling tools, custom and procedural animation effects, custom realtime 3D/game creation tools.
- Rendering functions include built-in raytracer, support for Yafray render engine, various surface shaders, edge rendering, UV texture editor and others.
- Built-in text editor for editing Python scripts and annotations.