MSG Data Manager184.108.40.2060
MSG Data Manager: Collect and manage a large number of images received from orbiting meteorological satellitesAn application you can easily use to collect and manage a large number of images received from orbiting meteorological satellites
MSG Data Manager is a tool especially designed for those who need to receive images from Meteosat-8/9/10.
The files might be received over the Internet in the future, but today they are easily received with a Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB) card installed in your PC, and a standard domestic satellite antenna, LNB, and cable.
The program can also process data received from the EUMETSAT FTP service (binary transfers). The data manager will automatically process the files into images, and optionally delete the large amounts of source data that would otherwise accumulate.
The program allows you to choose which of the twelve channels you process to images, and also allows you to keep some raw data in the processing PC should you wish.
MSG Data Manager features :
- Can work on the same PC as data reception or on a different networked PC
- Automatic monitoring of the Reception PC for the presence of new files.
- Automatic copying of those files from Reception PC to Processing PC
- Optional deleting of raw data files on the Reception PC
- Selection of which channels to process, reducing the subsequent processing and storage requirements
- Processing includes both HRIT and LRIT Meteosat SEVIRI data
- Processing includes both Meteosat-5 and Meteosat-7 data
- Processing includes MPEF, MDD, GTS and DCP data
- Decompressing of the data files coded in JPEG and Wavelet Transform formats
- Data reduction from 10- and 12-bit source data to 8-bit display data
- Real-time thumbnail display of selected channels as data is received
- Optional gamma-correction, gain and offset processing for visible channels
- Temperature calibration of infra-red channels
- Saving of processed data in standard image formats
- Choice of PNG for full precision or JPEG for disk economy
- Management of HRV region selection (offset and northern-area)
- Local display of multiple detail images at full resolution
- Histogram equalisation and false-colour palettes for detail images
- Management of received data - older data can be automatically deleted
- Display of Admin messages sent over the data stream, also saved as text files
- Copying of Sea-Ice data for further processing
- Copying of [Data Channel 1] ATOVS and RSS data for further processing
- Optional program priority drop when CPU-intensive operations are underway
- 30-day trial
- Nag Screen
MSG Data Manager Download Details
Mar 23, 2023
4.6 / 5 (5 votes)
Not yet reviewed