SMPlayer: Media Player based on the MPlayer engineSMPlayer is a free media player that runs without external codecs and allows you to play any video or audio file. SMPlayer is a graphical interface for the popular MPlayer, but besides the improved GUI, it also offers a useful collection of extra features for an improved media playback experience.
For example, SMPlayer retains the settings of the files you play. When you close a video while it’s playing, as soon as you open it again it will start from where you left it with the same subtitles, volume, audio track…etc.
- SMPlayer comes with built-in codecs to ensure support for almost any video or audio file format, including avi, mp4, mkv, divx, mpeg, mov and h.264.
- The playback engine used by SMPlayer is MPlayer an award-winning, high-quality media player.
- Designed for user-friendliness, SMPlayer also offers advanced features such as audio/video filters, adjustable playback speed, adjustable audio and subtitles delay, video equalizer and many others.
- Capable of playing and recording YouTube videos with built-in search function.
- Customizable appearance via skins and icon themes.
- Multilingual support is provided for more than 30 different languages.
- Available for Windows and Linux platforms.
- Subtitle search and download functions on opensubtitles.org are provided.
- Open-source application free to use for anyone.